These women, my SIStars – are fearless! As we complain about our cushy lives aspiring 2 b like ppl who have stolen, maimed & murdered 4 gems, stones. lands, even human lives, we should remember that “alla we r 1.” Meaning, none of us r free if 1 of us in chains [or working as human mules] then none of us r free!!!
The Sister makes some valid points & defines what she”s talking about which is
important for clarity. I think an additional is how some Afrikan Am women r adopting male positions in their partner choices, clothing and personal characters. This is confusing for our children & weakens our communities. We have so much work 2 do 2 maintain a semblance of balance & order in Afrikan families. Do purchase the book & support an Afrikan female scholar, like myself here
1 – Afrikan Centered Stationery with your family motto, logo, crest or initials 10 pages and 10 envelopes for $25.00
2 – Family Kalendars custom designed to include photos, events, birthdays, graduations, business openings, family trees. A unique family memorabilia, one of a kind keepsake.
3- Family migration maps – Tell the stories of where & how your family came to be where they are located now, learn the front, middle and back story of your family story! Truly empowering!!!
These are good buys for a unique way to communicate the family story, it allows visual storytelling and shares the life experiences of all family members. This is an excellent way to keep it Afrikan!!!
Iya Adjua, PhD
Iya Adjua’s Recommended Compact Readings
I recommend these readings for African people who are interested in learning the Afrikan story and continue to build on Afrikcan survival strategies!
1. Know Thy Self/ Naim Akbar
2. The Egyptian Philosophers: Ancient African Voices From Imhotep To Akhenaten/ Molefi K. Asante
3. You Left Your Mind in Africa/ Katherine Bankole
4. African People and European Holidays: A Mental Genocide – Bks 1 & 2/ Ishakamusa Barashango
5. African People in World History/ John Henrik Clarke
6. Towards The African Renaissance: Essays In Culture and Development/ Cheikh Anta Diop
7. 72 Concepts to Liberate the African Mind: Selections from the Dictionary of African Centered Knowledge
-Uhuru & Talibah Baker Hotep
8. New News Out of Africa/ Charlayne Hunter-Gault
9. The Origin of the Word Amen: Ancient Knowledge the Bible Has Never Told/ Jahi Issa & Salim Faraji
10. Kindezi: The Kongo Art of Babysittimg/ K.Kia FuKiau & A. M. Lukondo-Wamba
11. African Power: Affirming African Indigenous Socialiation in the Face of the Culture Wars/
-Nana Baffour Amankwatia II – Asa Hilliard, III
12. Selections From The Husia: Sacred Wisdom of Ancient Egypt/ Maulana Karenga
13. Let The Circle Be Unbroken/ Marimba Ani (Dona Richards)
14. Malcolm X on Afro-American History/ El Hajj Malik El Shabazz (Malcolm X)
15. Afrikan Alphabets: The Story of Writing in Afrika/ Saki Mafundikwa
16. You Are Already A Wife…Long Before The First Date/Latoiya K. Bailey
17. My Seven Other Mothers: A Journey of Transformation/Lenetta Raysha Lee
18. The Global African Community: Travel Notes/Runoko Rashidi
19. The Psychopathic Racial Personality & Other Essays/Bobby E. Wright
20. The Teachings of Ptah Hotep: The Oldest Book in the World/Asa Hilliard. III, Larry Williams & Nia Damali
21. Why Our Children Hate Us/Eric K. Grimes & Butch Slaughter
22. Ancient Egypt & Black Africa: A Student’s Handbook for the Study of Ancient Egypt in Philosophy, Linguistics & Gender Relations/Theophile Obenga
23. Kill Them Before They Grow: Misdiagnosis of African American Boys in American Classrooms/Michael Porter
24. African-Centered Education: Its Value, Importance and Necessity in the Development of Black Children/Haki & Safisha Madhubuti, PhD
25. The Black Folks’ Little Instruction Book/Denise L. Stinson
8 Paini 6251 (6/8/11)
Yaa Asantewaa, A True Shero! this is a worthy viewing of Afrikan woman sheroism view it, know it, learn it & support it!
We All Afrikan! Watch the video, then answer the title question leave a comment lmk what u think 🙂
We have no more excuses for not knowing that which is made known 2 us!!! Let’s git it, NOW!!!